Monday, March 29, 2010

My marathon

I was thinking tonight as I ran around the house doing all my mommy chores that I often feel like I am running a race that will never end. As any mommy knows there are things we do every day that continue to repeat themselves- laundry that somehow breeds and multiplies in the dryer, dishes that will not, no matter how much I close my eyes and wish, wash themselves, dirt that the kids (including the big one) track in over the floor I just washed. Meals have to be fixed and served only to hear "I'm hungry" (feel free to insert whiny tone here). As moms, we go until we fall into bed and start before our feet hit the floor. So this is where I decided my life was comparable to a marathon. Unlike your average Saturday morning race this path will not be marked with pretty ribbons to lead the way. It will often be rocky and uncertain. Sometimes the road ahead will stretch out clear, where you can see everything that is coming and all that is behind. More often than not, though, the path will be a bit foggy. There will certainly be plenty of other runners, pushing on along side me, even when the fatigue pulls at the body and mind. However I was a bit wrong in my thinking. The race will end. This is God's race after all and the reward at the end will be greater than any of us can imagine. In the meantime I will try harder to make the most of my run, enjoying every struggle, every view, and treasure every person running alongside me. We can push each other and even pull a little when we have to. When I reach the end and win my Big Reward I want to look back over my shoulder and see all the ribbons I left marking my path. Today, well today the view is sweet.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog. What a beautiful family you have. I am also a mommy to my beautiful 2 1/2 year old daughter, Alexandra. There is nothing like it!!!! :-)

    Please check out my blog and follow it if you like it. Thanks!!!
    www.janearrendalesims.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete