Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Those Parents
I was reminded I should write a little on those parents. The ones that go to the ball field to watch their kids play and decide there has been an injustice. The coach obviously has made a mistake and insulted their child. Now the child is happily going along with things, content to carry on as if nothing has happened. The parent is in the background, quietly fuming. This will be fixed and justice served. This is the point in the story where I get to put my opinion. See, this parent is a little embarrassed about how mad they were (since hind sight is 20/20) and may not be objective in the telling. This 'awful' parent fumes silently the whole time until everyone, parents and kids, have loaded up and gone home. Even his own child, still happily oblivious to said injustice, is safely tucked in the car. He then goes to the coach to question this mistake. Now, I do not know the outcome as I myself had loaded my own smelly children and headed off to the showers. I wrote this because I wanted to say something to this type of parent: Thank you. Those parents are the ones that set a good example to their kids. They could have gone out on the field at any time and demanded to know what exactly the coach was thinking. They could have made a big scene. But they waited, maybe not patiently, but they waited. They looked out for their kids in a way that every parent should. Again, to those parents: Thank you. We should all follow your example. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment