Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer

Well it has certainly been awhile! I said that when I started this blog I would keep it up even if it was just a line or two. However life got the better of me and time slipped by. We have been enjoying our summer and the girls have enjoyed filling their time with sleep away camp, VBS, and a week in Beaufort, South Carolina.

It was an amazing experience to send my sweet girls to Wonderful, Wonderful Camp McDowell. I went there myself beginning in 4th grade and going up until 11th grade. I made some great friends while there and amazing memories. As I watched them on the last day singing camp songs in the Chapel I felt the familiar sting of tears in my eyes. The girls stayed in Ed's cabin. This cabin was dedicated to Ed Pradat, a GREAT guy that went to camp about the same time as me. He had a sense of humor and this kindness to him that touched everyone around him. He was killed while in college. He is still missed. I am glad to see a part of him will always be at McDowell.

The beach was so nice. I am blessed to have a close family and parents that love my children enough to be in the same house for a whole week and not go crazy. We spent a day in Savannah and took a carriage ride through the city. Fascinating place. The girls tried their hand at crabbing and had a ball catching those little things. Even more fun was watching their dad get pinched! Most went back to the water but we did manage one good crab boil. They found plenty of shells and saw a few horseshoe crabs. We also spent a day going to the military base and seeing my old house. Then over to Paris Island where my dad spent a few very difficult weeks becoming a Marine.

We are home now and back in the swing. Unfortunately life is not always easy and kind. We are going through a hard patch now and still have a bit of a climb ahead. I have faith that things are going to be OK but I know in the meantime it will be hard waiting for the answers we seek. I will talk more about this after we have some answers but ask that you keep us in your prayers. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer and getting the most out of life. I will try to stay on top of this blogging thing. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment