Saturday, August 28, 2010

Friday Night Lights

No, I do not mean the TV show. The sun has set and the air is ALIVE. The excitement can be felt even if you close your eyes and ears. The drums beat and the people scream. You can almost feel transported back in time, back to a time when the most important thing was who was seeing who and where everyone was going on Saturday night. The time when youth was everlasting and old was 30. Where you are INVINCIBLE. It is High School Football. I love going to these games. Don't get me wrong, I love going to Auburn games too but there is something about the lights and pulse of a hometown high school game. The energy of the crowd and parents, the carelessness of the students, the little boys throwing footballs in the grass, and the little girls (like mine) idolizing the cheerleaders. We have a cousin playing out his senior year and we are so proud of him. I have to admit it brings several tears to my eyes watching him play. It is bittersweet knowing he will move on to college next year, taking that next step. For now though, his youth is everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment