Wednesday, January 26, 2011

 Here we are in another year and already I am behind. I think that may be the story of my life... Literally. I am know to be late for most things everything except for getting the kids to school. 
I am trying to think of something clever to write while my girls run through the house like they licked the sugar tree and take turns screaming the words momma she....I feel the twitch below my right eye (always the right one) kicking on and my shoulder muscles tightening. 
                                     So I will quickly highlight the new year-
The oldest Diva has started Baton lessons and has yet to break any objects in the house. She is doing well in school but frustrates me with her ' little as possible' and 'the rest of the class...' approach to school. I want her to want more than good grades. I want her to rise up and go above that. However I am realistic and accept that this approach will only get worse as she begins 5th (mom takes deep breath) grade this fall. But I refuse to go there now and will enjoy my little tween for a few more months.
Her younger sister also know as Diva II or my own Drama Queen is also doing well in school. She is playing chess in school and is mastering it. This did not come from me and I am very proud of her. She has gotten braces on her top teeth and will get the bottom ones in a couple months. Yes- I know she is young but these are not for cosmetic purposes. Her teeth are to crowded and unless we stretch them out some she will require multiple extractions to give her adult teeth room to come in. So we chose this path and she will get them off this fall. Unfortunately she will get them again when she hits her teen years to fix some other issues. This did come from me and I am sorry for that. She is being a trooper about it and is faithfully keeping them cleaned and flossed.
The Destructor.Where do I begin? He is growing like a weed and weighs in at a whooping 29lbs. Not sure how tall he is but he can open the doors and work the deadbolt locks so... He knows how to plug things in, like the curling iron he found on the kitchen counter. He also knows how to turn them on. Luckily we realized that before it got too hot. He jumps off the couch without pillows and tries to eat toothpaste- the  whole tube. We caught that one just in time, too. He crashes his cars and gives the best hugs. He says 'NO' a lot and 'love you' in the sweetest voice ever. We are cautiously approaching the terrible twos.  
Oh, and not to forget the dog, cause where would I be without the small mountain of dog hair to clean up and pick off the baby's food. :)   It's OK, I have nothing else to do...

1 comment:

  1. Sara, your children are precious! And the destructor...I totally get it...I have 2 of them! It must just be a boy thing?!

    ReplyDelete