My life-line is just what she sounds like. The person who I can call whenever I need to vent, to celebrate with, to cry with. Her son is a part of my heart and my kids a part of hers. There is a bond that forms between women that I think men have a hard time understanding. It is not more or less than the bond between spouses but unique in its own way. It gives life a different dimension. Kind of like men and hunting, or fast cars, or sports, whatever odd hobby they are so drawn to.
So we went and we talked, and talked until the restaurant closed down and they kicked us out. I felt myself soaking in the good stuff and letting the stress of the daily grind melt away. I was able to forget for a few hours the mountain of laundry, the kitchen floor that always needs a good scrubbing, the kids' homework. All the things are done everyday, over and over. After dinner we stretched out in our comfy clothes and watched New Moon. I saw the movies earlier this month for the first time and was nice enough to get her hooked. We watched the movie, making little comments all the way through (something my husband cannot stand!) .
When I finally headed home and laid down it was with the knowledge I would be woken up in a few very short hours but I would be better for it. I woke with a renewed sense of patience, and stronger love of what I have. My soul is full, my slate wiped clean for a little while longer. I am grateful for all the blessings God has given me and the knowing of when it is time to push forward and when it is time to step back, let go, and refuel.
So true! I love that you call her your "life-line." Very well put. Good girlfriends are the best.
ReplyDelete