I was reading a wonderful blog that I follow and the writer asked what our word of the year would be. What, given the past year, would we chose to describe how we see the year ahead. I had never really thought about it in a one word concept. I chose the word Driven: adj. being under compulsion, as to succeed or excel. The reason is this...I am driven to be more. I am not saying that I think I am a bad person now but only that I want to be more.
I want to be more as a child of God. I want to do better at listening to God, serving Him in whatever way He has waiting for me. I have always felt He has a plan for me but that I have never really heard it. So I am driven to listen harder this year. To be His child and nurture that relationship.
I want to be more as a mother; more patient ( I know all mothers do), a better listener, more willing to learn from them.
Most days I feel so outnumbered . The bickering, the whining, the sheer sassy-ness of young girls can be a drain to the soul. So I am driven to see past that to the beauty of their souls and soak up the giggles, the shared secrets between sisters, and the curiosity of little boys.
I want to be a better friend, more of what I should be. I am so grateful for the friends I have. They remind me that I can be more but they love me for who I am anyway. I am driven to make them feel as important as they make me feel and never let forget I am only a breath away.
So this is my word of the year. The one that describes me best. So what is yours?
OH MY GOODNESS. This is DEEP. DRIVEN is a great word and yet I never realized how great it was until I read your blog. I think my word of the year would have to be something similar,and DETERMINED would have to be it. I think you are a wonderful, great, important and special friend. For me I could ask no more of you, but I would have to continue to ask more of myself. I want to be as great a friend to you so you are to me. So I guess with that I'd have to say we are even.
ReplyDeleteThis is DEEP. DRIVEN is a great word. I never realized the depth of the word until I read your blog. I would have to choose a similar word, DETERMINED would be mine. You are a wonderful, important, great and special friend. I could never ask more of you. I would just hope that I could be as great a friend to you as you are to me. You and your family are such a huge part of my heart that there will never be a time that you should ever fell as though you needed to be driven to be more, so with that I guess you could say we were even if that was ever a concern. love your lifeline.
ReplyDelete