
I would love to say these two are always like this but that would be a big stretch of the real truth. They do love each other but he is often running from her saying "No, no" or even better making this lovely screeching sound that rivals the nails on the chalk board. Just today as she wrestled him on the couch, I heard a loud thump followed by crying. His head met the wall but she denied any part in this event. Hmmm. One day he will be bigger and she will be the one saying "No". He has a similar relationship with his other sister, though she often plays the momma role by helping me get him ready in the morning. It truly breaks her heart when he wants nothing to do with her or even reaches for me first. I could only wish that the relationship they share with each other was as peaceful as the one they share with him. For those of you with multiple children you understand the tight muscle in your shoulders, the tic in your eye, and the clenched jaw as you ask, no beg, them to please shut their mouths and for the love of God, STOP fighting. My two girls could break records with the number of daily fights they have. They are literally over everything they can think of from whose turn it is to sit in back of the van to whose shirt it is. The

shirt part depends on if it is going to be worn or if it has to be hung up. I think the year difference is often a balancing act of pros and cons. They often do the same activities, share the same friends, face the same consequence,s and reap the same rewards. The only time they seem to bond well is when one is in trouble and I am 'making her upset'. Then I am the mean mommy and the sister comes to the rescue and provides comfort. I would never use this tactic to my advantage. That would be wrong ;). I do hope one day they will look back at their squabbles and laugh. I don't expect them to grow up and never disagree but I hope they will grow up and appreciate each other. In the meantime, maybe they could treat each other the way they (usually) treat their brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment